Day three!

three french hens for my three little (actually one not so little!) chicks!
P.S I have a free pattern EVERY Friday here - @dotpebbles

French hen
Using 4 ply (fingering) yarn and 2mm (US size 0) double pointed needles, cast on 6 sts. Divide over 3 dpns. K 1 rnd.
Rnd 2 [Kfb K1] (3 times) (9 sts)
Rnd 3 K1 rnd.
Rnd 4 [Kfb, k2] 3 times. (12 sts)
Rnd 5 K1 rnd.
Rnd 6 [Kfb, k3] 3 times. (15 sts)
Rnd 7 K1 rnd.
Rep last rnd once more.
Rnd 9 [Kfb, k4] 3 times. (18 sts)
Rnd 10 K1 rnd.
Rep last rnd twice more.
Rnd 13 [Kfb, k5] 3 times. (21 sts)
Rnd 14 K1 rnd.
Rep last rnd twice more.
Rnd 17 [Kfb, k6] 3 times. (24 sts)
Rnd 18 K1 rnd.
Rep last rnd once more.
Rnd 20 [Kfb, k7] 3 times. (27 sts)
Rnd 21 K1 rnd.
Rnd 22 [Kfb, k8] 3 times. (30 sts)
Rnd 23 K1 rnd.
Rnd 24 [K1, k2 tog] 10 times. (20 sts)
Rnd 25 K1 rnd.
Rnd 26 [K2 tog] 10 times. (10 sts)
Stuff and shape the hen.
Rnd 27 [K2 tog] 5 times. (5 sts)
Break yarn, thread end through rem 5 sts, pull up tight to close base.
Sew on a tiny red felt beak, wattle and comb. Sew two black knots for eyes using black sewing thread.

11 comments:

  1. Cluck, cluck, cluck!!! Thankseversomuch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cutest things I've seen today!! Thanks for the pattern

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Pixie Moon might like a little hen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. provo a farli anch'io grazie per la condivisione

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these!
    I am making a blog post collecting links to my favourite Easter crafts. May I please use one of your pictures? I'll credit it back to this post, of course.
    Sincerely,
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alicia - please do - & thanks! x

      Delete
  6. Very Cute! Thanks for the pattern,,,,



    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow these are adorable, going to have to break out the needles and yarn now and I promised myself I wouldn't get distracted by anymore projects ;-)

    Hope you don't mind if I link to your blog post from our Facebook page?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vielen Dank,süße Hühner

    ReplyDelete

I value your comments so do feel free to add whatever you wish as a comment - I will always reply to you. Thanks!